Looking for something specific from my blog? Search for it here

February 19, 2009

Sorry Men: Your Excuse for Eating at Hooters has Just Gone Out the Window


"I only go there because they have the best wings, Honey!" Pish posh... Sorry, Killer, my apologies. You're going to have to come up with something else.  After reading this, you're going to know how to make the best buffalo wings AT HOME!  And it is stupid-easy. I'm making them for dinner tonight and I could not sleep last night because I am so excited. Seriously. It's a problem. Anyway, I'm friggin' pumped. Want to know what to do!? You'll be surprised how simple and fast it truly is. The key ingredient is the sauce.  I found mine at Williams-Sonoma.  It is similar to Franks Red Hot but with a creamier texture (sans actual cream!).  
To start, cut the chicken wings in thirds (No, Jessica. Buffalos don't actually have wings), cutting between the bones.  Cut off the wing tip and discard. I trim off excess fat where I can (but not too much 'cause the flava's in the fat!). Season the wings with salt and pepper and spread them out on a baking sheet. Brush the sauce of your choice generously on the wings.  Broil the wings for about 7-8 minutes.  Then turn them over and brush them with more sauce.  Broil them for another 4-5 minutes.  That's it! Get shloppy and enjoy.
Word to the wise: You can mix the sauce with about an equal amount of melted butter if you so choose, but since they're so good with out it, I say cut the butta.
Moral of the story? You're welcome, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment