Looking for something specific from my blog? Search for it here

March 4, 2009

Ravin' Ravioli

For dinner last night, I did something I have never done before. But now I'm going to do it a whole lot more often! It was greatly successful. I made "homemade" ravioli. I say homemade, but that's kind of lying. Because I took a shortcut that is absolutely brilliant! I did NOT make homemade, fresh pasta dough.  Instead, I used wonton wrappers. They worked marvelously. It is such a good idea and it's really easy; anyone can do it. All you have to do is make a delicious filling to stuff inside the wonton wrappers. There are countless flavor variations. The recipe I whipped together, aside from the package of wonton wrappers, was:

15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
2 cups frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
1 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded
1 cup parmesan cheese
Little salt, little pep
and that's all!
Cook them in boiling water for just 4-5 minutes.
I served the spinach and cheese ravioli with vodka sauce, and literally, my man-friend couldn't stop moaning... It was borderline weird, but I got over it because it was quite flattering. He was raving for hours after eating. On another note, the ravioli were also very pretty.  The emerald spinach was visible through the tender wonton wrapper, and the vibrant red vodka sauce made the dish look like a christmas tree in flowery summer (in a good way). I did not take a picture of it and I am so mad about it now. I seriously scarfed it so fast that I didn't want to take the time to go get my camera... I couldn't wait to dig in. And I'm paying for it now since I don't have a beautiful picture to post. Don't cry. Make it yourself, then you'll see how pretty it is!
Make your winning combination, put about a tablespoon in the center of the wonton wrappers, wet the outter edges of the wonton with a watery finger, fold the edges over, and pinch to seal them closed. You'll be hearing the sound of strange yet delightful moans as soon as they hit the plate... if you can wait that long. 
Moral of the story? These ravioli are moanin' good.

No comments:

Post a Comment