Looking for something specific from my blog? Search for it here

March 1, 2009

Food and Wine City


Quess where I'm going on Thursday? The Charleston Food and Wine Festival! Say it with me...: "AHHHHH!!!" I'm so bleeping excited. Ya know that super-fly aunt I was telling you about? Well, being super-fly and all, she lives in Charleston, SC. Her and I are going to go to wonderful dinners hosted by Charleston's finest restaurants and wineries, watch Bobby Flay perform a burger-cookin' extravaganza, and experience a gospel barbeque brunch like no other ('cause I go to those regularly...). Here is the website if you want to see everything that's going down at the festival: http://www.charlestonfoodandwine.com/2009/
Even if you cannot partake, the events described on the site may provide you with a little inspiration for an extra-ordinary night on the town with your peoples. Do something spectacularly spontaneous with someone you love to eat with! Cause eating ain't no fun without--not only someone you love--but someone you love to share the pleasure of food with as well, am I right? Organize your own Food and Wine festival; buy some unique beer that you have yet to try, or unusual wines, and pair it with a meal that you would never think to make on a normal basis. And you don't have to spend a bajillion dollars to do so either; if you have a Trader Joes near you, you are one lucky son of a B. I have found some product there for mindblowingly cheap--although it may not be super refined in theory, it tasted super fine in my mouth! Allow the food and wine to compliment each other so that the end result is a bud-pleasing trip to Happy Town flavor explosion. Do some research and find unusual yet celebrated combinations and celebrate them yourselves! 'Cause this is a SPECIAL occasion and I would feel terrible if I were the only one having a culinary dream come true. You will find that although you're in your normal living space (not in Charleston, suckers!), there is no reason you can't have as much fun as me. Live out your culinary fantasy. Maybe hot twin sisters in invisible lingerie who just finished pillow fighting will bring your food to you. Maybe...
Moral of the story? I'm smiling. Are you?
*Image is from the Charleston Food and Wine festival website

No comments:

Post a Comment