Looking for something specific from my blog? Search for it here

July 9, 2009

Getting Back in the Groove: Fuss-Hater Edition

Okay, I know I haven't been doing my job. I made a promise to You as well as myself that every time I cooked dinner--easy or intricate, healthy or fat-filled, I would write about it. But clearly, three weeks have passed without an entry from the girl with the buds. To think that I have not cooked in the last three weeks is simply absurd. The truth is that I have just been a slacker with my blog-o-log. I have not been holding up my end of the bargain, and for that I kindly apologize. 
I will start getting back into the swing of things by providing you with a recipe that is the best of THREE worlds: delicious, healthy, and easy. The magical dish: lemon-rosemary chicken breasts.  You won't believe how simple it really is and if you try this recipe you'll realize that what makes it so good is all the time you spend DOING NOTHING. It's all in the marinade, yo.  Perfect for all you fuss-haters...

Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Breasts:
3 chicken breasts (boneless + skinless = super healthy)
salt and pep
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested (about 1 tsp) and juiced (about a little less than 1/3 cup)
1.5 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary

Can you tell how easy it is already? Season the breasts with salt and pepper liberally on both sides. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, rosemary, and one teaspoon pepper. Coat the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (either in the same bowl covered with plastic wrap or in a sealed plastic bag).  Throughout the 2-3 hour period, make sure that the breasts are coated and tossed evenly. Place the breasts in a baking dish with several spoonfuls of the marinade in the center of a 400 degree oven. Cook for about 20 minutes--internal temperature should reach 165 degrees. Let rest for a little, then enjoy! 
The marinade infuses it with such bright, refreshing lemon flavor, and you didn't even break a sweat! Also, considering how healthful it is, how could you possibly feel bad about eating this one?? You won't; you'll feel MARVELOUS. 
Moral of the Story? Hush the fuss all you fuss-haters, with this no muss no fuss recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment