Looking for something specific from my blog? Search for it here

September 30, 2009

Sexy Restaurant Alert: Be Sunda or Be Square

Although Sunda opened its doors earlier this summer, I didn't make it in to give it a test drive until August. I know, I am surprised by myself too... And after I dined there, I nearly punched myself in the face for not having done it sooner. It is definitely one of the sexiest restaurants I have ever been to. Needless to say the food was, well... orgasmic. Brought to you by the same team behind renowned Rockit Bar and Grill and the Underground, Sunda is a must-have dining experience. Not only is the beauty of Sunda's food equivalent to that of its interior, the service was outstanding--well-educated on the menu, warm, and attentive. One of the many examples of the Sunda crew's immaculate attention to detail is that the sushi case is transparent, not just translucent. The glass is crystal clear (no foggy dew blocking the view!) which allows for the colorful, fresh fish as well as the skillful art behind sushi creation to be appreciated to the maximum. It is little things like this that make a dining experience wonderful for me, and Sunda goes the extra mile. Details like the visibility of the sushi case may be small and unimportant to some, but to who it matters most (foodies!), it can make a big impression.

The only problem I had at Sunda was determining which of the mouth-watering dishes to order. I had an angel-devil dilemma on my shoulders--my buds were pulling me in all sorts of directions. On my right shoulder, my sweet buds were urging me to order sweet while on my left, my savory buds were putting up their dukes. I thought it would be best to let them both win... Take one for the team. What a sacrifice! There is no "i" in team, but there is in delicious, satisfying, and orgasmic! This is what I ordered:
-Crab Cake Crusted Ahi Tuna Sashimi-- japanese hot mustard, sweet soy glaze
-Oxtail Potstickers-- braised oxtail, caramelized onion jus, "white" wasabi cream
-No You Didn't... The Ultimate Handroll-- crab, shrimp tempura, salmon, spicy tuna, dynamite
-Charsiu BBQ Pork-- honey, miso, palm sugar glaze

I am being nothing short of perfectly honest when I say that they were all outstanding. I wish I could have tried everything, if only my stomach and budget would allow. So friends, if you are reading this, who wants to go with me this weekend?? I promise it's as good as it sounds.
Moral of the Story? Unlike your love life, Sunda always delivers.

1 comment: