Looking for something specific from my blog? Search for it here

September 9, 2009

New Restaurant Alert! Gemini Bistro-Lincoln Park

**UPDATE: Gemini Bistro was a success! Important Background Information: The menu is broken down into groups: small, medium, large, and XL. Customers mix and match the dishes they want while being mindful of the sizes so that they end up with a diverse meal that suits them.
I did indeed have the handmade oxtail ravioli, which was to die for. If you go, you must try this. Luckily for me, I got a taste of my neighbor's scallops too! The scallops were cooked absolutely perfectly--they were utterly amazing. I wish I was able to eat more of them because I just had a taste of my neighbor's, which consisted of two jumbo scallops, so I only had a small bite. I also tasted the steak frites and surprise surprise, the steak was juicy and flawlessly cooked. The fries were the perfect balance between fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside and very well-seasoned. It's a great place to go to share and taste a variety of fabulous food.
Moral of the Story? Overall, my buds can't wait to go back!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I am going to dinner tonight at Gemini Bistro, which is opening today (09/09/09!) in Lincoln Park and I am salivating just thinking about it. The Chef, Jason Paskewitz has created dishes that just the sound of make me happy. You can go to geminibistrochicago.com to check out the menu. I am already having trouble deciding what to order. Between the handmade oxtail ravioli, duck confit nachos, and crispy braised pork belly with butter basted quail eggs, I am in quite the pickle! I may have to try all three... And the best part? The prices are beyond reasonable, especially for how special each dish sounds.
I'll let you know how it is!
Moral of the Story? I am sure I am going to be adding Gemini Bistro to my list of favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment