Looking for something specific from my blog? Search for it here

December 11, 2009

Boka Group Restaurant Tour

Hi all! I missed your faces. But I am back now to tell you about an amazing night I had in which I had a 6 course meal spanning three different restaurants-- the Boka Group restaurants: Boka Restaurant and Bar, Landmark Grill and Lounge, and Perennial. It was my first time dining at each place, and it was a fantastic start. I was only so fortunate thanks to my new job at Chicago Event Consultants. My bosses Ryan and David brought me along so I could share in the glory and get in touch with everything the venues have to offer. Not only am I thankful they shared the incredible night with me, but I am so thankful that I get to work with them in the future. I am ridiculously excited to say the least. Besides, I could get used to dining like a rockstar... Here is what I ate at these three extraordinary restaurants:

First stop @ Boka:
-Boka Bento Box--a lovely raw tasting including an oyster with daikon mignonette, himachi with pomelo grapefruit, pickled fennel, and yuzu parsnip sauce, pink peppercorn seared big eye tuna with cauliflower puree and asian pear, and snapper carpaccio with daikon, edamame and blood orange vinaigrette. If you dine at Boka, I highly recommend this tasting Box.
-Black Mole Infused Pork Belly--with celery root slaw, sourdough chips, and quince sauce. This pork was awesome. Who doesn't love perfectly cooked, succulent pork belly?
-Sidenote: their homemade Rosemary Focaccia is delightful... Must try.

Now off to Landmark:
-Gnocchi--perfectly crispy on the outside and tender in the center, served with mushroom ragout, basil tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. P.S. I don't like tomatoes, but I could eat those all day with the gnocchi--perfect little bite.
-Braised Boneless Shortrib--with roasted sunchoke, parsnip puree, and bone marrow sauce. As if one heavenly tender meat dish was not enough, this was unbelievable. I loved the bone marrow sauce.
-Sidenote: as sides we were served mac and cheese--rich, cheesy, phenomenal--and smashed rutabaga with brown butter--sweet, textured, flavorful.

Last stop, Perennial:
-The Brazillian--brown butter cake, pineapples, ginger popsicles, coconut sorbet, with a pina colada sauce. So unique! Loved the cake.
-Hazelnut Crunch--crispy hazelnut bar, milk chocolate, creme fraiche, and chocolate caramel. Like a sophisticated rice crispy treat, with all the fixings!
-Cheesecake--LISTEN TO THIS--raspberry custard, cream cheese whipped cream, and graham cracker ice cream. This was my favorite dessert--the graham cracker ice cream was perfect. All the elements together in one bite were absolutely delicious, like actual cheesecake itself! Plus, how creative is that?

Moral of the Story? I feel like the luckiest Girl (with the buds) alive! Clearly, I am not only counting my blessings, but my courses too!

No comments:

Post a Comment